Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Whatcha Waitin For?????

     So here I am, two days before my 38th birthday, finally starting my blog!  This is something I've wanted to do for some time now, and now is the time.  I wanted everything to be just perfect but if I keep waiting for all conditions to be perfect, I'll never get started!  So even though my page isn't perfect yet, and I don't have any pictures, and I will probably write this in 2 minute intervals because one of my daughters is still awake and will no doubt need me for something...this is my life at this point, and rather than try to fight it, which I mistakenly do sometimes, I'm going with it!  I love my life and the more I work with what I've got, the better every day is for me!  So what am I waiting for?  Enter theme song here:  Whatcha waitin for?  (Think Gwen Stefani) 

click here to listen and for lyrics:   http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/gwenstefani/whatyouwaitingfor.html

     About a year and a half ago my husband and I decided to move across the country from Interlochen, in Northern Michigan, to San Antonio, Texas.  We so loved our little town and the big town nearby, the fabulous Traverse City, but we were in need of a change.  Hubby was working three jobs, seven days a week, so I could continue to be a stay at home mom.  Our quality of life was getting...well, let's just say, less than quality, and we were definitely plateauing.  My family had lived in San Antonio for years and we loved the area when we visited, not to mention, the wonderful family time we were able to share.  So a decision was made, just like that in a casual conversation in February.  I remember it well, it started with "I'm so sick of winter..."

    Flash forward a year and a half and here we are in fantastically H.O.T. Texas!   Whew!  I love it here though, hot and all, and I'm slowly soaking in the many blessings and realizing that we've really made a lot of our dreams come true...again!  My dreams up until now have gone something like this:

          1. Become an elementary school teacher.  Check!
          2. Marry the man of my dreams.  Check!
          3. Earn my Master's Degree and further my career in education.  Check!
          4. Have beautiful babies and take time off from my career
              to stay home with them.  Check!
          5. Be happy!  Check!

     So, now what?  What else do I want to do with my life?  What new dreams are waiting to be fulfilled?  We are all creators of our own lives.  Over time I've learned what this statement really means.  We all have choices, every moment, every day.  We get to choose what we think, what we say, what we wear, and our attitude toward things, amongst many other choices that we make all the time.  Each and every one of us has the power to achieve our goals and dreams but first, and this is very important, we have to know what we want!  That seems so logical and obvious but have you asked yourself lately what you want?  My little dream list that I wrote above was one that I made back when I was in elementary school.  No kidding.  But as an adult, I've really had to dig down and think.  What the heck do I want???   

     At first the ideas came slow and then I started making a list that filled a couple of pages.  After that, I had to narrow it down, what do I want right now or in the immediate future AND what am I willing to do to get it?  Aha!  That's when some things get crossed off the list (hahaha!) or at least pushed aside for a later date!  So finally, after two years of being on my list, my newest goal is to run my first half marathon in November.  I just "became" a runner two years ago so I still have a lot to learn, but I know it will be a great challenge for me both mentally and physically.  Sure my baby wakes up at least once, but usually two or three times a night, and I AM NOT a morning person and will probably have to do most of my runs at the butt-crack of dawn but still, what am I waiting for?  My life is now!  It's time to do it Kristie, go get it!!!!!  My training officially begins Monday, August 22nd, so I'll keep you posted on my progress!

     So what are you dreams?  What are your goals?  What do you want to do with your life?  Don't wait for everything to be perfect before you begin!  Whatcha waitin for?  Just DO it!  And remember, you CAN do it!!!

Love to you!

Kristie

6 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are such an inspiration! I can't wait to read what you write (even though we'll probably have already talked about it!) I also love that we are trying to live some of the same dreams while raising our babies and making their dreams come true! In this very moment, I just want to make my little website functional again (and pretty!). And just like you, this needs to happen in two minute snippets throughout the day! Love what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I LOVE that you have this! I am putting you on my sidebar! I have a blog too....
    www.mytwobeautifulblessings.blogspot.com Glad to follow along with you beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tracie! You inspire me on a daily basis! You have an amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Meg! I'm going to check out your blog right now! This is soo exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Keistie! I wish I still had you in MI to come talk to my kids at the High School..... this is exactly what I want them to do - - and we adults can certainly use the reminder that we are in charge of our choices and how we think and act shapes our reality. Good Job on this blog, I'll be checking back for more! :) Barb Espinoza

    ReplyDelete
  6. KRISTIE!!!!!! I had no idea you had a blog!! LOVE IT!!! I cant wait to read every single post you have because you are one of my favorite people :) Talk about inspiration!!! I cant wait to follow your progress to the Half!! You are a warrior mama!! Wahhooo!! Love you ~Kim

    ReplyDelete